Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Sensors and Dashcam Battery

Options
  • 20-03-2024 2:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Bit of a strange one, but bare with me. I'm not looking for someone to diagnose, but more to check my logic or if anyone has any expereince.

Had a car in for major service, all good and sorted, but within a week had to put the car in for a "Service Engine Now" alert. Garage checked it over, all seemed fine but the sensor had been trigger, they reset the trigger cleaned it and gave me the car back. Ran for 100km again no issue. Then alerted again, this time "Hill assistant unavailable". Turned car off and when turned back on, it spluttered, but eventually started, alarm still there. Again, off and on again when I got home, spluttered. Issue still there. No loss of power when foot on accelerator or anything.

Seperately I had recently had an issue with my dashcam parking battery that seemed to have resolved itself. Prior to any of these messages.

Out of pure curiosity, I disconnected the dashcam and the parking battery from the fuse board in the car.

Started the car and issues gone, no alerts now for about 100-150km.

Question. Has anyone ever had a similar expereince or is it logical to think that something like the dashcam battery would have the potential to cause issue with other electronics within the car including the sensors?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Dave_D_Rave

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭Rattlehead_ie

Hi @Dave_D_Rave

How did you know? 😂😂

Yeah that's exactly what I was using. Now the fuse spot it was plugged in was nothing to do with the hill start. It was a free spot available.

I sense this could be the answer to my question....and relief!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,890 ✭✭✭kirving

Is this to do with Ford's being overly sensitive to electrical noise, or because some don't turn off the 12V supply when you turn off the ignition?

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Dave_D_Rave

Being Physic helps :-)

In my case piggy back was knocking out the original fuse think it was F33. because where the piggy back was physically positioned when the fusebox cover was back on it was butting up against the piggyback knocking out the power intermitentily.

You might find that the piggy back is knocking against the fuse that is supplying the hill start or a aux system associated with it.

I left disconnected for a few weeks and the issue didnt persist I then went off a different fuse and have not had any issues since (fingers crossed)

In my experience Fords can do strange things with the electrics but in this case it was human error on my part.

Thats really weird but helpful.

Im not entirely convinced in my situation it will help as when I had brought it into Ford the first time they had mentioned the fuel line sensor, but this time it was the hill start as I mentioned. Anyway the car is being left alone for the weekend but hopefully no re-occurance with this all plugged out. Thanks again, least I know its not crazy logic.

• Advertisement

@Dave_D_Rave @kirving

Just to let you know and a big thanks. I have let the car run 3 days now including a long trip for a trade in today and there wasnt a single peep out of the car. So sat to see it go, but was time.

Advertisement