Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How much is maintenance likely to be for cohabiting cohabiting?

Options
  • 20-03-2024 9:57am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭

So I have a house in my name that we lived in for a few years. A parent passed away so we then all moved in with my Father nearby and I began renting out my own home.

With rent combined I'm earning a gross salary of €100k.

My partner is on invalidity pension but does hope to return to work one day. We have a 2 year old daughter and are awaiting diagnosis for possible autism. She is currently non verbal. I pay for bills with them being split with my Dad other than creche fees which I pay in full. She typically pays toward weekly food shopping.

I'm wondering if relationship were to break up what are the consequences?

Does the near €700 for creche fees cover the maintenance or realistically what am I looking at?

If I have future investments or pay mortgage off early is that going to result in huge increase in maintenance?

Mortgage and deeds in my name and I have paid for it in full from beginning so I'm assuming she not entitled to any part of it.

So what typically happens in above situation for cohabiting as I assume in reality the courts don't treat situation same as if we were married as otherwise what's the point in getting married?

Comments

Advertisement