Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi Q6 e-tron

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭carsfan2

Looks exactly like you would expect a car from Audi to look.

Q4 multiplied by 1.25

price will be the big factor here.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,854 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

It starts around €75k in Germany, I'd add at least 10% here to account for VRT and VAT difference

It's a luxury SUV, so I wouldn't be expecting massive sales numbers

The thing which I would get excited about is how it shows the next generation of VAG EVs will hopefully be a significant improvement over the current ones

The Q6 and Porsche Macan are both based on the PPE platform, which is designed for premium cars

The next gen VW platform SSP is supposed to replace but the PPE and MEB platforms and it looks like it'll inherit a lot of features from the PPE platform

So we should be looking at 800V battery with 200kW+ of charging power, split bank to enable good charging speeds on older chargers and new software

The Q6 is based on Android Automotive (same as Volvo/Polestar) so it seems to provide a much better user experience than the MEB cars do

VW did say they want to move to their own OS in the long term because they don't want to be overly dependent on Google. It'll be interesting to see if this plays out or if they give up and stick with Android for SSP

Biggest problem I foresee with the new platform is that it won't be ready until 2026, which means the competition will probably have pulled well ahead of VW by then

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭galvo_clare

• Registered Users Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭donkey balls

They have the q6 up on carzone at the moment.

https://www.carzone.ie/used-cars/Audi/Q6-E-TRON/fpa/3699273

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭joe1303l

I can’t see them selling many of these at those prices. Even the new Porsche Macan starts at €93K.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

I actually don't think they will be that price. That must be fully loaded.

Etron GT is now under 100k

Used E-Tron GT’s even at €60K aren't selling. The market for high end EV’s has gone really stale.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭Buddy Bubs

The confidence is gone with depreciation levels that are seen. People won't buy new because of it, and the mass market won't buy used because of a variety of reasons.

I've revised the price I'll pay for any car down to 40k now, not going anywhere above that.

I bought really nice cars used all my life, sold privately for smallish money as they aged I'm going back to that. Getting away from dealers and their low balling, its too expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭carsfan2

just looked and prices are up on Audi website. You can configure it now.

Launch edition from 87600 euro.

Too close to the Porsche Macan at 92k

Yep, you’d be crazy to buy one over a Macan unless there is a significant difference in standard spec. At least the e-Tron GT had the bigger battery as standard when compared to the Taycan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,891 ✭✭✭kirving

With Audi now selling 16 different models from the same parts bin (nevermind the rest of VAG) there's only so much coherence that can be applied to their pricing structure before you start finding holes.

I was half considering a petrol Macan instead of a Merc GLC, but I would have had to drop a year or two (out of manufacturer warranty) to stay within my notional budget. An extra $5-7k would have got me something Certified Pre-Owned, but it still put me off, as payments would have been into the next $100 per month bracket. Servicing and maintenance would have an extra Porsche tax applied too.

So I can understand why some people might be put off by just and extra 5k. But new, under warranty, and an electric car mitigates most of those concerns, and I think you'd be a bit mad to go for the Audi over a Macan.

Advertisement