Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Setting Up New Box

Options
  • 20-03-2024 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭

I have just purchased a Labgear LCOM1 combi box. I can receive the channels OK but cannot find a daily program guide, it shows the channel eg. BBC 1 but not what is on.

I've spent hours with this thing and about to bin it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Unfortunately FTA satellite receivers do not provide a daily or weekly EPG.

This is only provided on services like Sky, Freesat etc. who pay a fee to be carried and to be included in their respective TV guides

Any TV channel stream only carries now and next programme information which is what you see on-screen when changing channels for all broadcast channels be it satellite or terrestrial.

A daily/weekly programme guide is transmitted as a separate data stream/channel and will only include those channels carried on the respective service.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭DanWall

Thanks for reply . I have a Humax box that does that but as you know they are not making them anymore and are very pricey second hand . Have you any suggestions for a box that can show programmes

The next generation of Freesat boxes from Arris have been available for a few years now.

It appears the shop lead me astray suggesting a Labgear, I assumed it would have a programme menu same as my Humax.

I only require a single channel Freesat box (no recording) not combi that has a channel and programme menu

Do Arris have a particular model

Manhattan MNH SX appear to do this

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jack12a

Hi,

There are four Arris freesat boxes available,

one none recording model and three with hard drives : 500GB , 1TB , 2TB,

I have a 2TB one and it has seven day epg and series link , I’m not familiar with the none recording model so unsure if it displays seven day epg.

Amazon have these Arris freesat box’s on their site ?

Post edited by jack12a on

• Advertisement

Yes, I believe there is a non-recordable Freesat box in this new generation.

I have the Manhattan Freesat box in a bedroom here, it's an ok cheap zapper box with 7 day epg

• Registered Users Posts: 5,207 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

i just bought a second hand Zgemma H2H for €30 i get saorview channels and freesat channels , i have a Wifi dongle connected and EPG works well and record also.

Can I still record Freesat if I have only have one satelite input on none a combi box

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭andy1249

With a " Legacy " or Sky HD LNB then yes , you can record but cant watch anything else whilst its recordiing , except Saorview if you have a Saorview Aerial Connected.

With Two legacy feeds , you can record one , watch another , just like the old Sky HD boxes.

There are lots of options though these days.

I have a VU+ box with dual FBC tuners and a Unicable II LNB , and I can record 8 channels at a time with just one cable feed.

So it depends on what LNB , what box , and what tuners you have.

I'll probably never record 8 channels at a time , but the extra tuners do get used by others in the house as the box feeds laptops , ipads and phones via Kodi or plex , and each feed needs a spare tuner.

Also , Big Glastonbury fan , and the BBC shows it all across all four channels in HD , and I will be recording them all. 😎

Advertisement