Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help to buy scheme

Options
  • 20-03-2024 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi all,

My architect is about to submit my application for full planning in the next few weeks. All drawings, forms etc nearly ready.

Should I apply for the help to buy scheme now or wait until planning has been granted?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Gary_dunne

The HTB scheme lasts for 6 months once it is approved, hopefully it won't take 6 months for the planning to be granted. It's also very easy to put in a new application for HTB once the 6 months is up if you needed a new application to be granted.

We are in the same process atm, haven't submitted planning application but have been approved for the HTB a couple of months ago as we wanted to see how much we would receive.

Best of luck with it, hope planning gets approved.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Lostinlife

Thanks Gary for the information, much appreciated

Hi all,

Just another question I have. When can you claim the help to buy money when doing a self build?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭ftse100

You get your HTB money after your first drawdown. It's done through your solicitor & bank.

Thanks ftse100

• Advertisement
Advertisement