Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Irish Press" newspaper negative

Options
  • 19-03-2024 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hello,

I recently discovered an old photograph of my grandfather in an 1967(!) edition of the "Irish Press". Obviously the paper itself has been long gone but just wondering if there is an archive of photographs taken for the paper anywhere that could be accessed as I would love to get a better quality print of the photo.

Long shot I know but someone might know if this exists?

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Mediahuis (Irish Independent) own the archives. A lot of the day to day photos won't exist in decent quality, only being microfilmed - you can view most of these on the Irish Newspaper Archives and if its a bad microfilm there, it might not be any better anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 rudeile

Hey, thanks for that, certainly somewhere to start at least, I will send them an email, thank you!

Advertisement