Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The new warfare - Drone wars

Options
  • 19-03-2024 5:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

Im a big fan of Star Wars and there is where I first heard these two words - "Drone wars". Never thought I would hear this in real life how ever.

Id say most militaries in the world outside of Russia and Ukraine militaries are looking on and realising they are just not prepared. By that I mean all other militaries might have the theories but have not fought in a drone war other than Russia & Ukraine. Nothing beats on field experience I would imagine.

Interesting take about this recently in the GUARDIAN

The headline alone says it all really.

AND:

Drone technology has been used extensively in twenty-first-century armed conflict, but the Russia-Ukraine war is driving innovations in autonomous warfare not seen on other battlefields.  

Wait until the size of these gets to a fly size ( I have no doubt already ) and has a massive explosive yield ( or deadly toxin ) on board and can get in anywhere unnoticed.

So where does all this go?

Here is a graphic vid somewhere in Ukraine showing Russian Troops getting annihilated in groups and one by one down to the last man literally, by drones

https://twitter.com/bayraktar_1love/status/1770025474208530611

Comments

Advertisement