Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby Forum - Warning received.

Options
  • 19-03-2024 10:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I wish to dispute a warning I received for a post on the Ireland Thread on the Rugby Forum.

I consider the warning to be extremely harsh and very subjective. I replied to his PM and asked him was he seriously giving me a warning for my post and if this was his barometer for trolling then he’d be extremely busy.

He didn’t withdraw the warning so I am I asking for it to be reviewed so that I can have the warning withdrawn.

The full post is a follows

where did I say "I" didn't trust the medical experts.

The "only" reason the IRFU sent him for an independent review was that they knew his inclusion would attract media attention so in a effort to cover themselves they sent him for an independent concussion review.

Context:

A few posts earlier in the Thread I posted a Tweet from Murray Kinsella (a rugby journalist) which stated:

"Andy Farrell says Calvin Nash went to an independent concussion consultation today and was cleared by that doctor to play on Saturday.

Nash had already completed all the return-to-play protocols and Farrell says Ireland "trust the experts."

When quoting the Tweet I added my own comment “Some arse covering going on here”

This post then attracted a response to which I replied (this reply, quoted above, received the warning.

Prior to and since the team was named a number of posters questioned why and how could a player be cleared to play after being knocked out the week previous, as far as I know none of them received a warning but my post on the same subject was deemed to be trolling. The warning seemed to come from left field on the subject but for whatever reason mine was deemed to be trolling.

Appeal

I would like this to be reviewed here and I am hoping that the Mod Warning is rescinded.

Thanks,

phog

Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Hi phog,

I will take a look at this later.

As you've mentioned, there was not a favourable outcome from your messages with the Mod- I presume there was an actual 2 way dialogue- if not, engage properly before posting in here again please.

If there was a conversation had, kindly post them here or forward them to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭phog

Thanks ShamoBuc

There was a conversation with the mod in question, I'll forward those to you in a while

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,329 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I have received them and will read through the thread tonight.

Hi phog, I have read through the thread and the messages and your warning will stand.

I think it is very clear what you were trying to do and the rationale for giving you the warning was fully justified in my view.

Instead of believing they sent him, from a player welfare perspective, you went with the Covering Their Arse line. This type of posting was rightly called out by other posters - who inevitably received warnings too due to the way they called you out.

Given the clear issues you have had in the Rugby forum in the past 12 month - the number of Warnings issued to you - and having reviewed your posting style recently - another DRP a month or two ago- it was hoped that your posting style would improve and be a little more considered. This has not been the case and your post, quite correctly, received a warning.

Please remember, accmulation of Warnings in the Rugby Forum will lead to a possible Forum Ban. This is something you might keep in mind going forward.

As always, if you are not happy with a CMod review, you may ask for an Admin to review also - it will of course not be the same Mod that issued your warning.

You might post here if you wish for an Admin review please.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,715 ✭✭✭✭phog

Well obviously I disagree with your take and that of the mod in question but I'll let it lie now.

Thanks for your time in reviewing this appeal.

• Advertisement

No problem.

Thread can be closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement