Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

International 574 not start

Options
  • 19-03-2024 12:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭

Filled with diesel, changed all filters and bled it and got good flow coming from all 4 injectors, new battery and cranking over good but wont start,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭hopeso

Check that the stop/start knob is still connected to the lever on the pump, and moving it fully. The linkage between them could be worn or broken....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭MfMan

MF 135 won't start a lot of the times. Charge the battery overnight and it starts first crack, and maybe for a couple of times afterwards. Then just cranks a little and refuses to go any further. Jump starting it starts it first time also. Battery < 18 months old so shouldn't be a problem. I do notice using lights / wiper while running probably not helping. I cleaned the leads and poles but no difference. Starter getting banjaxed or dynamo not charging the battery?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 2Frugal

MfMan, dynamo/alternator doesn't seem to be charging the battery. Check with a multimeter, connect to the two poles of the battery when engine is running and you should be getting a reading of approx. 14V. New alternator is approx €150. Also check the tension of the fan belt to ensure its tight and running the dynamo/alternator at correct speed. Finally check all wires are connected and not broken.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭kincaid

All ok that way so maybe it something stuck inside the pump itself, I tried tapping the pump but no success yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭White Clover

If you have diesel at all 4 injectors we can assume for now that the pump is OK. 3 things needed to start a Diesel ICE. Fuel, Air and Compression. Have you checked the air filter and related hoses? After that if no luck you will have e to check the compression in the bores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭kincaid

Yes got good flow going to injectors

So you dont think that its something inside the injector pump itself like something stuck

• Registered Users Posts: 4,558 ✭✭✭White Clover

The pump is doing its primary function by delivering diesel at the injectors. There may be other problems with it but these will only come to light when the engine is running. For now I would focus on ensuring that the air filter and associated hoses and inlet manifold are clear.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,261 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

As I always say when these issues are taking an age to solve

Get it running on this stuff and at least see what's happening.

Advertisement