Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anything I can do to safeguard myself in this transaction?

Options
  • 18-03-2024 11:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

i've been speaking to a Ukraine based company that makes a product I'm interested in. Unfortunately, given the "geopolitical climate", I can't use paypal or credit card and the costs of the machine is over 2k, plus there are lead times of 4+ months. I'm worried that if I purchase it, I may lose the money & the product, despite the company has a track record. However, after speaking to their sales about my concerns, they've referred me to use one of their "importers" in UK, by making a three-partite (party?) agreement, where I'm the receiver, the UK based company becomes the buyer, and the Ukraine company the seller. To that effect, I liaise with their UK importer and give them a flat fee of 200 pounds on top of the transaction (2k). Is there any thing I should to safeguard myself from losing 2k? the UK company say they accept all manner of payments, and although I'm thinking of using Paypal's business option, I'm still on the fence about it. Thanks!

Comments

Advertisement