Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form 11 or 12?

Options
  • 18-03-2024 9:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Hi Guys & Gals

Doing my stuff for 2022/23 - finding the Form 11 vs Form 12 thing a bit confusing.

I was a PAYE employee during Oct-Feb of that tax year, offering some non-PAYE services at weekends during Oct '22 (max <€1k), then PAYE until Feb '23, then a break of nothing until June, at which point I again earned through non-PAYE services until Sept '23. I was not registered as a sole trader if that matters.

Any advice on which form to complete?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Form 12 until your non PAYE income is over €5,000 in a year

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭SwordofLight

Thanks for your reply, yes the non-PAYE services were over €5k, came to about 15k over 2-3 months I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,724 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Ah thought your non-PAYE income was €1k, not €1k per weekend

You likely will be able to do a Form 12 for 2022 if income below €5k, and then register for Income Tax as of 01/01/23 and complete a Form 11 then for 2023 once registered

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭SwordofLight

Gosh I'm glad I reached out because that is complicated :( I'm terrible with this kind of stuff ! If ever I make any decent sums I'll be getting a professional involved.

Advertisement