Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

At Wits End with BNM

Options
  • 18-03-2024 9:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

I was with BNM Recycling for a couple years. Recently cancelled with 30 days notice and paid 50 euro cancellation fee. I was told it would be 28 days before they collect my bins. Five weeks later and they are still sitting out in my front yard. I've tried getting through via email with no response. They have got the worst customer service I've ever experienced. Calling them doesn't make a difference as they never do what they say they will do. What in the world do I have to do to get them to collect their bins? I want them gone!

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

They're awful.

They turned up at my door shortly after I bought my house looking for the bins of the previous occupant

He'd died two years earlier.

And I think he may have been out of the house in a nursing home for a further year before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Glaceon

I had the same problem in my last rented house. The owners had been living there up until we moved in and said they had cancelled what was then AES a couple of years before, but their bins were still outside the house. We eventually got them removed but it took a lot longer than it should have.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Sweetpea68

How did you finally get them removed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,738 ✭✭✭C3PO

Signed up with BNM in Enniscorthy before Christmas. Impossible to contact by phone and working out to be really expensive compared to my previous service from Panda in Dublin.

They are the worse. I've switched to Panda 6 weeks ago. Much better pricing. Now if I can only figure out how to get BNM to pick up their bins!!!! 🤬

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,002 ✭✭✭Glaceon

My wife hounded them with e-mails if I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,475 ✭✭✭✭banie01

I've not used their bin service since October 23 emailed them prior to that confirming that I was ceasing their service. Got quite a snotty reply tbh.

Its now April, the BNM bins are sitting in my garden, awaiting removal but it has yet to come. Multiple further emails enquiring as to when they will be picked up? Ignored.

I FINALLY got my bins removed last Monday. Took a lot of effort. Last week I called. Talked to customer service and threatened to call head office and Council. After a day I emailed the CEO and my husband called Council. The following day I got a call from the Customer Service Manager telling me my bins would be picked up on Monday. You really need to threaten them before you'll get somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭daheff

I've heard telling them you are leaving their bins at the end of your driveway and that there's loads of troublemaking kids around who might steal/set fire to the bins if they don't come for the bin soon is one way of getting them to hurry up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,528 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

Advertisement