Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched electric to Flogas - Issues

Options
  • 18-03-2024 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Was with Electric Ireland standard 24hr rate. I have a smart meter.

Saw that FLOGAS had a better fixed rate so switched to their Fixed 24hr rate. They sent me the welcome letter but it didn't have the tariff on it , so I called them to check the rate. They started reading off a day/night/peak unit price. I said I didn't sign up to that but they said I have a Smart meter and that is the rate for a Smart meter.

Yes, I do have a smart meter but I was on the 24hr rate with Electric Ireland and signed up to the Flogas 24hr rate , not the day/night/peak rate.

Now Flogas are saying I cant switch back to the 24hr rate as the day/night/peak has been initiated. They did that themselves , not me.

Where do I stand here?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Moose1

If you switched online did you get an email confirmation?

If you called them and remember the day and approximate time then ask them to review the recording of the call.

Send a complaint and tailor it depending on the above method of sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,048 ✭✭✭reubenreuben

I got an email confirmation after signing up online but it didn't state the tariff. It was just a general confirmation. I only knew of the tariff mistake when receiving the welcome letter after the 14 days cooling off period.

I had called them to complain on friday and sent an email yesterday. Just received an email with complaint reference number. Can take up to 20 days!

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,697 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Were you on a Smart 24 rate with Electric Ireland? People are finding they are getting bumped to this plan by signing up to get usage figures; Electric Ireland consider there to be enough information about it but I wouldn't be sure everyone would agree on that...

Flogas don't offer a Smart 24 plan, only day/night/peak for smart; so the only option is that or go to an operator with a Smart 24 plan. Once the meter is activated it can't be just used as a normal 24h meter.

No. We were on the home electric+ 24hr plan with electric ireland. I have the bils to prove it if Flogas start messing around.

I do have a smart meter but didn't want the day/night/peak with any of the suppliers.

When I signed up with Flogas online, the only option was the 24hr tariff. The day/night/peak requires you to call them. So they have made a mistake and now I have to wait upto 20 days for the reply.

If as you say Flogas don't do a 24hr with a Smart meter then that isn't clear when signing up. I signed upto the 24hr tariff and they moved me onto the day/night/peak without my authorisation.

• Advertisement
Advertisement