Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Additional Plug Socket

Options
  • 17-03-2024 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

I've got two plug sockets (A and B). They're wired as shown in black with B being at the end of the line.

I want to install a another socket (C) between A and B.

Would it be OK to put a junction box (JB) on the wire between A and B and take another wire from it to the new socket? Or, would I have to wire it continuously (A to C to B - in green).

The sockets are in adjacent rooms.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭XsApollo

I’m not an electrician but I don’t see why not? The junction could be a socket or a junction box , socket c would still be a spur off?

what I mean is it’s ok for C to be a spur.

if there was a socket already where you planned to put the junction box you would be ok to add a spur,

so adding the junction box is achieving that

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

You're not allowed to take spur off a spur.

Edit - In a ring,

Post edited by Capt'n Midnight on

• Registered Users Posts: 33,620 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Radial circuit if series through the new socket C, which would be the appropriate method.

If the number of sockets on the circuit were correct.

Advertisement