Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Removing a conservatory, internal wall becomes external

Options
  • 17-03-2024 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I'm getting my 20 + year old conservatory removed. It's attached to the back of the house and has a sliding patio door into the house plus a dwarf wall which will remain. The radiator is being capped off and removed (it's been turned off for years) as are the 2 electrical sockets, the wooden skirting is also being removed, the UPVC wall cap is being replaced with stone and the floor tiles are suitable for use outdoors so that should all be OK. My concern is that the back wall and the inside of the dwarf wall will go from being internal to external and I'm assuming the plaster finish won't stand up to the elements. I'd appreciate any advice on what I'd need to do / get done to the newly external walls and if any work is urgent or can be left for a few months.

Thanks

Comments

Advertisement