Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SEAI - Wall Insulation Grant Question?

Options
  • 17-03-2024 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭

Hi all Im doing some insulation works job by job so applying for different grants at a time.

I'm going for attic insulation and I had intended to get cavity pump as well.

However I think I might have misunderstood something. On the application form it says to choose only 1 from cavity wall, drying and external.

I was under the impression you could get a grant towards each.

So am I right in thinking if I get a grant towards pumping the cavity for €1,700 I am then ineligible to go for the grant of €4,500 for dry lining in future?

I just want to be sure before applying as I'd nearly rather pay cash myself to pump if so and keep the option of the other 2 methods

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭vrusinov

So am I right in thinking if I get a grant towards pumping the cavity for €1,700 I am then ineligible to go for the grant of €4,500 for dry lining in future?

Yes. To our dismay we found previous owners got a grant for pumped cavity, so we were not eligible for grant for the external insulation...

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭houseyhouse

I think it depends on whether you’re doing a deep retrofit or just getting the individual grants. Our house was pumped by the previous owner so we thought we wouldn’t get a grant for EWI but we queried it with that one stop shop and it turns out we can if it’s part of a deep retrofit (in our case it is). Now, we haven’t actually got the money yet but I trust them to know.

Advertisement