Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meetings for job seekers

Options
  • 17-03-2024 3:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hello. I just got a letter saying I've been connected to job seekers' meetings. What exactly takes place at these meetings? Is it possible to retrain and take different courses? How many times a week do these meetings take place and how many hours do they last?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭hawthorne

Every meeting is different. You will find out for sure in 10 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 dean99

• Registered Users Posts: 22,233 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Every meeting is different. You will find out for sure in 10 days!

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Hungry Burger

Just get a job you won’t be getting anymore letters or invitations to meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 foxhunter2024

Just tell them you have long Covid and you need long dole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Straight Talker

Op ignore the trolls on this thread. It's a meeting to discuss what kind of work you're looking for and to discuss any areas you think you might need to upskill in. The first meeting might take up to half an hour. You'll be asked questions about what you think your strengths and weaknesses are etc. It's basically jobpath/Seetec under a different branding. You probably will be only asked to attend meetings every two or three weeks. It all depends on the person you're dealing with. Best of luck i hope everything goes well!

Cork 1990 All Ireland Senior Hurling and Football Champions

Advertisement