Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hissing on Yamaha mini hi-fi on one frequency

Options
  • 17-03-2024 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭

I have a 15+ years old I think (can't remember exactly when I bought it) Yamaha mini hi-fi.

It's still working perfectly, but there's an intermittent hissing on one station that fades in and out, but is never entirely gone, when listening to Lyric FM. Sometimes it's just a faint hiss, sometimes it winds itself up to full on interference and then fades again.

Every other station is crystal clear 100% of the time.

I have Lyric tuned to 96.7FM, which is the frequency given for the Dublin area, and I've tried sliding up and down from there but haven't found another frequency that's clear to receive.

I've tried hanging the aerial up high, and checked the connection, neither makes any difference.

Does anyone out there have any idea why this is happening, and is there anything else I can do to get rid of it? As I say, the device is working perfectly otherwise, every other station is absolutely perfect, and it's especially annoying when listening to classical music, particularly when I have the volume up higher (which is often).

Comments

Advertisement