Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How should I move this?

Options
  • 16-03-2024 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭

We inherited this gazebo summerhouse thing when we moved in last year.

I would like to move it to a different part of the garden but not sure how.

It looks to be sitting on blocks I don’t think its fixed to a concrete base, and it was probably assembled on site. Would straps underneath and lift it with a teleporter work?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Can you lift at a corner with a push? I'd be worried it might all fall apart when you try to move it, but it might be solid out, would be hard to lift it with straps considering the overhang at the eaves.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭victor8600

I think trying to move it in one piece will break the windows and doors. I would unscrew the roof and remove it. Then carefully disconnect doors and walls from each other. Then re-assemble in the new place.

But whatever approach you take, please take a video and share it here. It has a potential to go viral, especially if you try to move it in one piece.

On the other hand, you may wrap the walls all around in plastic film, it may prevent the glass from moving and breaking?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,443 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

I've seen similar moved by about a dozen guys lifting it very gingerly.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭FR85

I think you'll need to strip it down, wood flex's, glass doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,520 ✭✭✭paddylonglegs

Good point re breaking under weight, it wouldn’t have been built to be moved as one piece I guess.

don’t worry I’ll get the best angle possible for the viral video ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,811 ✭✭✭con747

If there's space under it for a forklift or similar with extended forks it should be ok to move it as is.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,285 ✭✭✭✭elperello

Is there a manufacturer's plate/label on it ?

If so a call to them might result in some useful advice.

Advertisement