Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will Coolock ever improve?

Options
  • 16-03-2024 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭

It is widely known that areas of Dublin such as Coolock have their fair share of problems. Of course I must caveat this by saying not all of the inhabitants are bad people and I personally know many who are some of the most courteous and hospitable I’ve met anywhere.

However, being realistic, this particular area (Coolock and Darndale) is not a nice area by any metric. Crime, unemployment, addiction, teenage pregnancy and the rest are far more prevalent here.

There seems to be a general consensus that this specific area is highly unlikely to ever improve. Why is this? There have been many other areas that have gotten better as the years go by, but why is there such a lack of optimism about Coolock/Darndale in particular?

Post edited by L1011 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,676 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

The pigeons have to roost somewhere.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

We're not doing this again.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement