Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switch from NBI to Open Eir

Options
  • 16-03-2024 4:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

hi my nbi connection is with eir and will be switching to Pure in August , I have open eir available to me but I seem to recall when I was signing up I was told that I would have to stay with NBI connection for 3 years , has any one else heard of this NBI restriction , just need to know as Pure are cheaper with open eir than with NBI , and the difference is 15 euro a month .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Ciferos

Didn’t hear that rule - I went with Vodafone for a 1y contract (NBI) after which I will be going to a different provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭RobiePAX

Are you sure OpenEir is available to you? Normally NBI is rolled out to premises where there is no Fibre available.

To answer your question I haven't heard of such restrictions. Sounds made up.

If I were you I wouldn't be drilling and installing more sockets in your home. Just switch from Eir NBI to Vodafone NBI or Sky NBI. Less hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,481 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

There are overlaps. OpenEir will have rolled into the intervention area since the intervention map was created and NBI will still get the subsidy for rolling into the intervention area as per their contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭Tony H

yeah open air is available , after a month after the nbi install , open eir installed their fibre along the same ducting , madness and Siro is also supposed to be coming soon as well , I presume open eir would use the same fibre cable from the DP ? and not have to run another cable to the house ,

fecked up when I signed up for eir for 2 years , supposted to be 49 a month , now nearly 57 and another increase in april , but at the time I was so glad to be getting fibre I just signed up for the fastest which eir only provided over a two year contract

Advertisement