Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Typos & other embarassing text message faux pas

Options
  • 16-03-2024 3:40pm

I have ongoing issues with typos on my iPhone, but usually manage to correct them before sending, or manage to delete before the blue ticks appear.

I’ve heard lots of stories about the most inappropriate typos not discovered in time, some very funny.

However, the most outstanding text faux pas I can recall making myself was on a brick phone. I intended to send my friend a message about how horrible the boss was, it erroneously sent it to her phone. I managed to retrieve her phone from the desk and delete, no password protection. I would have been in extremely serious trouble had I not managed to do that or if I had been caught fumbling with her phone.

What has been your own worst text faux pas, well that you can share here? 😁

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭Archeron

I wish people a very hairy Christmas on occasion :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

My sister got a text from her boyfriend describing in detail about "how much of a wagon" she was being. He intended send it to his sister but sent it direct to the subject of the message.

That was 20 years ago and still can't understand why they still together

Well I heard one from a brother who sent one erroneously to sister, intended as a sexting to girlfriend and what would happen that night!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭taxAHcruel

Dammit. Every time I open these kind of sites I lose hours :)

https://www.boredpanda.com/funniest-autocorrects-2012/

instagram.com/damnyouautocorrect/?hl=en

• Registered Users Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Annoying guy in work, lets call him Fred, used to slurp his coffee very loudly at his desk. Drove everyone around him nuts.

A friend of mine, in an attempt to safely release his rage at having to put up with the sound, went to message ME: "Fred, stop slurping your fúcking coffee you fúcking animal!"

But he accidently sent it to Fred instead of me.

In all fairness, Fred apologised profusely and the slurping ceased.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Markus Antonius

This is testament to the power of Route 1 for resolving office disputes

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭Skyrimaddict

I once told a childminder I would pay her in the anal way like the others. Meant to type same.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,002 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Predictive text changed

Are you going for a pint?

to

Are you going for a riot?

Not your ornery onager

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 11,821 Mod ✭✭✭✭iamstop

Wh ycan' tai or predictiv etex tfixt his?

I'm forever pressing spac etoo soon. Why cant they fix it yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,057 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Covfefe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭Gary_dunne

When working in a bank, used to consistently send emails with acocunt instead of account, thankfully it was all internal and I wasn't the only one!

I keep pressing the space tab accidentally, fooking annoying and autocorrect never cops it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

My mother’s aunt, now the time we are talking about is the 1940s, was typing a long list of items for customs clearance in her transport company, from a rough list scribbled by her male boss.

Came to one item which greatly puzzled her: 300 packets of men’s sanitary towels.

She was a single lady, not used to the ways of nature, and began to think men must after all have periods, only she had never heard as such things weren’t spoken of back then. But this was a legal document and she had to get it right, so in great mortification she had to ask her male boss about it. “Men. is abbreviation for menstrual” he informed her, and she just wanted the floor to swallow her up at that moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,742 ✭✭✭Motivator

text my old boss “ÇUNT” at 7 am on a Saturday. The only time there was ever a text sent between either of us. I meant to send it to a coworker of the same name. We had had a conversation the previous day about backing a horse but waiting to see if it rained overnight. I meant to send “PUNT”. But the C word being my favourite word it was just a reflex text.

He eventually accepted the explanation but I got an absolute bollocking having not realised the error until he pulled me in on the Monday morning for a chat.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,117 ✭✭✭mosstin

Every time I type 'Dublin' on my phone, it comes up as 'fúcking'.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,186 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

My mother was collecting me from college over a decade ago.

She meant to text me I'm in Marie's car.

For some reason it sent as Masie's car.

I was there who the heck is Masie and how has my mother her car.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

One time when I was applying for jobs I had standard cover letter and CV that I'd done and would send out.

On the cover letter I stated I had a great apathy for people. I meant empathy. Went on so many applications.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭talla10

I sent out a work email after an event congratulating the busy ladies for their wonderful achievement. Sent to about 50 colleagues after which one pointed out I had erroneously congratulated the busty ladies… Couldn't recall at that point!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,018 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

I've a friend who started shifting a young one around transition year and texted her 'I want to see your fanny'.

But accidentally sent it to his mammy.

• Advertisement

sounds a classy lad 😃

Actually I heard of a guy who sent a sexy-text meant for new girlfriend to his sister in error, with detail of how they could have fun later in the night, fortunately was able to delete in time 😆

Advertisement