Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website screenshot api recommendation

Options
  • 16-03-2024 3:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I'm currently working on a project where I need to showcase the entire page of a website, including all its animations. So, a scrolling screenshot. I also need to capture how the website appears on various devices to ensure it looks good across different screen sizes. I've been searching for a solution that offers scrolling screenshots to capture the full height of the page and a responsive mode to simulate different devices. Moving forward, I'll be doing this regularly for all clients, so I figured I could use a good screenshot API. The problem is that there are too many, and since we're just starting with this practice, the list of requirements gets longer by the day. In some cases, I'll need high-DPI images or to inject JavaScript or CSS into the DOM before taking a screenshot. If anyone has any recommendations that could help me narrow my search, I would greatly appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭noahungry

You can check out the screenshot api I've been using (linked the website); it's called Urlbox and I think it meets all your requirements. Scrolling screenshots, responsiveness, custom JavaScript. I'll mention some random features that come to mind; it'll save you some minutes. It offers a variety of output formats, including PNG, JPEG, WEBP, and more. Also, it supports delay settings, allowing you to take screenshots at specific moments, which comes in handy for capturing animations or elements entering or leaving the DOM. What I appreciate the most is that it provides options to bypass captchas automatically and block ads or pop-ups. You get clean and clutter-free screenshots. Oh, and it dismisses cookie banners automatically so as not to interfere with the captured images.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭scottygee

Thank you so much, I'm looking into it. You actually guessed some of the features I needed, now I'll go dig a bit deeper for a couple more. But it definitely looks promising.  

Advertisement