Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Though to find replacement bulb…

Options
  • 16-03-2024 5:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭

My favourite lamp - a maplins magnifier lamp needs a new bulb- its bright and i use it daily- struggling to find a replacement one…

bulb says its a:. T5 22W and is Circular about 185mm in diameter with pins pointing outwards.

Lamp says its for a: “q10q” bulb 185mm

I think its this one…

although it says g10q…? (What does g/q mean??)

But is sold out there - can anyone suggest where to get one? Online or wherever. Thanks…

https://www.rapidonline.com/toolcraft-821665-t5-22w-g10q-fluorescent-ring-shape-bulb-185mm-diameter-51-2598

“Roll it back”

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭JVince

Most electrical wholesalers will have it in stock.

Eg Kellihers, CEF, WESCO etc.

All open to the public.

4pin T5 22w

Fairly common as many illuminated mirrors would use same bulb

G10q is the fitting cap with the 4 pins. - but that's standard so not necessarily needed to be quoted

• Registered Users Posts: 3,846 ✭✭✭ozmo

Thanks- Im usually good at finding even very obscure and specific things online- but this one has me stumped…

i dont even mind if the pins are facing the wrong way -ill try reuse the pins from the broken one.

but all are either too wide, thick or low in wattage.

“Roll it back”

Just bring the old bulb into any electrical wholesalers and they will most likely have it.

Seems to be a very specific bulb.

Hopefully you know someone in the UK and get it delivered to them and they can bring it over to you

https://www.shesto.co.uk/na-2352

Advertisement