Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hollow in soil under hedge

Options
  • 15-03-2024 10:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I have found an approx 10cm diameter hole in the soil under a Griselinia hedge with an extensive hollow underneath about 15cm deep and extending about 1m in either direction along the line of the hedge (pix).

Is this an animal responsible?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,055 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Looks like it! Bit early for rabbits and the hole seems a bit small. Could be a rat? There doesn't seem to be much spoil thrown out though, is there another hole anywhere else?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭frisket

No other hole, and no spoil-heaps either. The hollow extends a meter or more in either direction and you can feel the surface root cover bend if you tread on it so you can tell where it's hollow. Absence of spoil is puzzling.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,887 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

Could have been a wasp nest from last year?

I had one a couple of years ago, found out when I ran the mower over it.

Advertisement