Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kerosene Life Span?

Options
  • 15-03-2024 7:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

I last got Kerosene heating oil delivered exactly 4 years ago (april 2020) however my boiler packed in about 2 years ago and I never got it working again (long story!) There's about 200 litres left in the tank and I was going to donate it to a neighbour but am worried it may damage their boiler. I've read differing opinions online re lifespan, some say 2 years some say up to 5. I poured two samples of old and fresh oil into jam jars and compared them, they both smell much the same but the older one is not quite as clear as the fresh sample, a little cloudier perhaps. Should I have it professionally removed & disposed of or take the risk of topping up my neighbours tank? My tank is the standard green plastic type. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭JVince

if its mixed in with 400+ litres there should be no issue.

I've used 3 year+ old kero with no issue - holiday home, empty 2+ years before I bought. Plumber said no issue and there was none

Advertisement