Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contractor Pricing

Options
  • 15-03-2024 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Do contractors (e.g. plumbers, etc) adjust price in Dublin based on location?

Me: "How much will that cost?"

Contractor: "Where do you live?"

Me: "Dublin"

Contractor: "But where in Dublin?"

Me: <says location>

Contractor: "That will cost .... "

Why? I presume the cost varies because they map the price to the perceived wealth of the average person in that area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,113 ✭✭✭Danye

Possibly but not always and not every tradesman. It could be to find out how far they have to commute and decide if the job is worth that commute and the associated costs.

In an ideal world we all want jobs on our doorstep.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

To be fair, tradesman needs to know if he covers a particular area so he really has to ask the location. Price may be hiked up if its at the limit of his normal.working radius as in he might not be too fussed about getting it.

Now on the other hand, if a tradesman gets an enquiry from a homeowner on Shrewsbury Road, you can be sure he sat down, accurately worked out his pricing on it then doubled it.

Advertisement