Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ryanair Flight Changes

Options
  • 15-03-2024 10:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭

Hi ,

Have booked a summer holiday to Sth Italy in July . Everything sorted , inc. Car Hire , Accommodation and then today Ryanair inform me that my outgoing 6am flight is now a 4.30pm flight with the usual option to cancel or change to a different day . Unfortunately flights are only once a week so changing isnt an option . Dont want to cancel either . My problem is that now , Car Hire office will be closed when I arrive so I wont be able to get to my accommodation (100km away) .

My options seem to be :

1. Stay beside the Airport and pay for a hotel even though i have non-refundable accommodation elsewhere and hope the Car Hire dont give away my car because I didnt collect it when I was supposed to which seemingly is a thing !
    2. Try and fly into a nearby Airport which has a flight the day before and stay overnight there before making my way to collect the car next morning

Either way im going to be out of pocket because of this to the tune €200-€300 .

Does anyone know if there is any recourse either with the airline or insurance for a flight being changed by 10 hours ?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,266 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Get in touch with the car place. They may have out of hours pickup. Option. If there’s still flights arriving. They should be open.

Advertisement