Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post “delivered” somewhere else…

Options
  • 15-03-2024 2:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

I've an issue with an Irish based major retailer who sent a package by An Post but it’s been delivered somewhere else and I don’t know to whom.

The POD is just a squiggle and an initial. It’s not my signature and I don’t know who signed for it or where it is.

Retailer is just saying it’s delivered and to take it up with An Post.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭JVince

It's for the retailer to take it up with an post.

A simple email to their account manager will elicit the GPS coordinates where the squiggle was made and any further information.

Their account manager can contact the local depot who can ask the delivery person if they remember the package.

But to tell you to contact an post is utterly ridiculous. It is THEIR job.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,698 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Chargeback - retailer has the contract with An Post, not you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

Contacted them again - they basically just sent me the POD and said it's been delivered and gave me An Post's website address.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,435 ✭✭✭Tow

Get on to your bank with a detailed letters dating events and ask them to perform a chargeback.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭RetroEncabulator

Pressed it a bit further with the retailer and got told to contact "The Royal Mail"... so I think I'm dealing with a UK contact centre by email.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

It's still not up to you to chase it up. Just tell them you did not receive the item and will be instructing your bank to do a charge back.

Advertisement