Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Day 4 - Friday 15th March 2024

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭howareyakid

1:30: Kargese 6/1

2:10: Pied Piper 12/1 e/w NAP

2:50: Readin Tommy Wrong 7/4

3:30: Galopin Des Champs 1/1

4:10: Its On The Line 6/4

4:50: Pink Legend 33/1 e/w

5:30: Waterford Whispers 7/2

1:30: The money seems to be coming for Majborough to reverse the Leopardstown form. I can see the angle of the DRF race being his first start for WPM, and there may be significant improvement to come. But it was only KARGESE’s second start for the champion trainer, and for me, she looked a very impressive winner. I’m happy to give her the vote to back up the DRF from here. 

2:10: Intriguing County and I think the horses at the top end of the market are very strong. Of these, I was most drawn to Magical Zoe and PIED PIPER. He probably should have won the race last year, and he returns from a very similar weight with Danny Gilligan claiming 3lbs from the top weight of 12 stone. Maybe this year will prove to be a hotter race than last year, but with Cheltenham form reading 1312, I am backing the Gordon Elliott-trained six-year-old to go one better than last year. 

2:50: I have been against a few of the hot WPM favourites this week, so I want to have this lad on side. His Naas form looks very strong despite Ile Atlantique not giving it a boost in the Ballymore earlier on in the week. However, they seemed to go a good clip that day, and this horse was very impressive in the way he won it. 

3:30: Imperious in this last year, if anywhere near the same form, I can’t see how GALOPIN DES CHAMPS doesn’t win again. Price is shot for a test like the Gold Cup, but I find it hard to look past him. I think Bravemansgame, like last year, will be the biggest danger. 

4:10: Huge chance on form and Derek O’Connor on board is a massive plus. So cool in the Kim Muir today. Hard to resist the few quid each way on Shantou Flyer as well though! Such a record of hitting the frame at Cheltenham and he’s back again at 14 at around 28/1.

4:50: Question mark about Dinoblue at 2m5f. PINK LEGEND has placed twice in this race, including last year behind Impervious and Allegorie De Vassy, so every chance she could run her race again at nice e/w price.

5:30: Seems well handicapped and could be potentially very progressive. HDB’s horses have been running well, and Mike O’Connor had a good 4th today on Life in the Park in the Plate Handicap. 

Best of luck for day 4!

Post edited by howareyakid on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭gazza1

1.30 Mighty Bandit 66/1 (30p rule 4) put up on countdown thread.

Form received a big boost from Lark in the Mornin in the Boodles.

2.10 Absurde

Mullins has put 2 previous h'cap debutants in the race and both won

2.50 Readin Tommy Wrong

Money has well and truly arrived for this horse and when that happens they don't usually miss

3.30 Tricast

1.GDC

2. FASTORSLOW

3. CORRACH RAMBLER

5.30 Quai De Bourbon

No horse carrying 11st or less or fav has ever won this race so sticking to that trend as hopefully Waterford Whispers goes off fav.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭Dr. Bre

I will go Nassalem ew in the gold cup . Easy winner of the Welsh national.

I was hoping Galopin would be the bet365 super boost but it wasn’t

What a horse, Galopin Des Champs.

Small field for the Foxhunters.

• Advertisement
Advertisement