Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newry to howth junction?

Options
  • 14-03-2024 9:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭

Starting from newry, are there nice spins that would be a good way to spend the morning? Im eventually working my way back to howth junction so can get the train home if I get tired

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭devonp

part of the Carlingford 300 Audax goes through Newry down the Cooley penninsula but goes over Longwomans grave climb, you could avoid the RH turn in Omeath at the shop/petrol station and go down to the end and around , then after Drog stick to the coast rd to Howth

others here might have better routes more details and local knowledge

https://ridewithgps.com/routes/7578571A

• Registered Users Posts: 15,976 ✭✭✭✭event

Im from Dundalk area and I would follow that route above from Newry the whole way to Drogheda. But then head to Mornington, Bettystown, Laytown, Balbriggan, Skerries, Lusk, Swords, Malahide, Portmarnock, Howth

• Registered Users Posts: 1,657 ✭✭✭romperstomper

super helpful, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭koutoubia

In Laytown just before the narrow railway bridge there is a footbridge over the estuary.

Over the bridge take a right and then keep straight ...on past Mosney..keep left at the junction just after then take the next right. This bypass's the horrible road from Laytown to Julianstown and leads you out to the R132 jsut south of the Applegreen and into Gormanston!

Advertisement