Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soda can discussion

Options
  • 14-03-2024 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

am kinda bored am just want to talk about soda cans my best find is this late 1970s or 1980 Fanta can I found buried in the dirt while exploring a abandoned neighbourhood.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭thereitisgone

Thats when they knew how to make cans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,309 ✭✭✭whomitconcerns

• Registered Users Posts: 23,261 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Jesus how did it survive so intact?

I had a few coke cans from the 80s - the ones before the top narrowed in but lost them.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 irishcanman

Damn that’s unfortunate you lost them 80s cokes look very nice. I found the Fanta buried in some dirt I saw it the bottom poking out I thought it was some random modern can but I was shocked unfortunately the back of the can is bend at bit and the design was peeling off.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 irishcanman

I got many other soda cans there not as old as the Fanta most of my collection contains 1990s and 2000s its mostly Coca Cola or Irish branded soda.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,331 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

I always enjoy the scene in 'Jaws' when the three lads are on the boat and Robert Shaw crushes a beer can in one hand. In response and as a visual joke, Richard Dreyfuss squashes a plastic cup in his hand. Most people under the age of 40 probably don't realise that when that movie was made back in the 1970s, you needed to be super strong to crush a drinks can in one hand. They don't make cans like they used to!

Advertisement