Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet not flushing with new siphon

Options
  • 14-03-2024 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Looking for help regarding what I think is a strange issue. Yesterday the toilet flushed normally and then gave up the ghost, multiple handle flushes might get it to flush properly. I replaced the siphon today (€22 - the 1st thing in years that seem to be great value), put the whole cistern back together and it's exactly the same as before - barely working. So my question is: What else can cause a toilet not to flush properly? Your answers will save my sanity and pocket from exploding.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,033 ✭✭✭Cerco

Not to be smart, but did you remember to turn the water back on after the replacement work?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭Merrion

Given that you replaced most of the mechanism I think that checking for a blocked cistern pipe might be worth a try?

Advertisement