Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Socket / Blanking Plate Advice

Options
  • 14-03-2024 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

I'm getting a conservatory removed which has two double sockets in it. They are spurred off two other sockets inside the house and the company who are taking the conservatory down said that they can just disconnect the sockets, I assume they'll fit blanking plates. As theses blanked off sockets will be on an external wall I just wanted to know if this option was OK / safe or should I be looking at another option?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,189 ✭✭✭This is it

If they're on external walls, facing outside once the conservatory is removed, then they should be disconnected at the point where they're spurred,and cable removed if possible. You can then fill what's on the external walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭hesker

Why not fit an appropriately rated replacement socket for one of them. Can be very handy to have an outside socket. Assuming location is suitable

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭ebeanz

There's already one of those on the external dwarf wall which is staying

• Registered Users Posts: 2,032 ✭✭✭Cerco

Best to remove as suggested above. Cable may not be suitable for outdoors.

Advertisement