Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Countertop electricity consumption monitor

Options
  • 13-03-2024 10:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭

I want to use a realtime electricity usage monitor but I am having trouble finding out how they communicate with a smart meter.

I have an old-style (non-smart-meter) monitor that uses a current-sensor collar clamped round the mains conductor which sens current data wirelessly to the little monitor, but it's monochrome, and limited in terms of what it can tell you.

I have seen others abroad with much more sophisticated displays working with much better data, but I have found zero information about how they get this data in real time from the smart meter.

ESB Networks provide a fairly useless web site, and my supplier provides an equally crappy app, but I want a display that will sit in the kitchen all the time and can be referred to any time without having to go to a browser or pull up the phone app.

Does anyone have information or recommendations?

Comments

Advertisement