Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weihrauch hw97k

Options
  • 13-03-2024 9:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Was thinking of buying a.22 Weihrauch hw97k, it's a costly rifle,is it the right choice or is there better for smaller money.?

Post edited by Cass on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭bemak

I was in the same boat. Also considered the HW95 after going shooting with a break barrel one weekend - was a joy to use and lighter than the 97. However, in the end I put a deposit down on a Air Arms Pro Sport as it was going for a good price. Can always pick up a 95/97 later.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭slipperyox

i was about to, until I physically picked it up.

After a scope and bipod, the thing is way too heavy.

but well made and accurate

Yes, thought it was quite heavy too although the pro sport I bought us apparently the same weight but feels different. Must be the centre of gravity. The 95 or 99 might be a better option

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭husq

Thanks for replying, seemingly the 95 is much easier to load,the 97 is an under lever and awkward to load, still unsure, it's close to €700.

What's the air arms like, accurate.? And what's the price.

• Advertisement

Got the pro sport for 375. It's more accurate than I am

i was passing Lakeland in Mullingar at the weekend and popped in again - the HW97 is very nice - I don't think you'll go far wrong with it

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cromelex

You shouldn't use a bipod on it, and the weight is actually good to make it handle the recoil better.

That's how they are used in field target competitions, for example.

So it would depend on what you want to use it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭BSA International

FT.

Is that shot anywhere in Republic?

It's a kg heavier than the 95, which is not much to start off but after a couple of hours, makes a bit of difference, anyone know about the loading of the 97k, it's supposed to be awkward in comparison to 95, these may seem kind of dumb observations, but I'd like to get it right, expensive piece of kit,gun and hawke sights €940.

Any info will help me, and thanks to everyone that takes the time to reply.

🫡

• Advertisement

You have to factor in the cost of the safe as well etc. Doesn't be long adding up - hence why I went for a used Air rifle to start with

I have a safe, I'm trading in a gamo whisper x .22 which will knock a few bob off the bottom line, are you familiar with the under lever loading.?

Ya I am. A break barrel should be a bit easier because of the leverage. They're both great rifles. I'd probably start with the 95. Anywhere I read about people having one it's often their favourite and one they would sell last

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.

Regards Husq

Keep us posted what you end up going for!

From my research the hw95 is a lot cheaper than the 97, I'm asking myself why, when they are very similar in spec.

This might be of interest

https://airgunforums.co.uk/threads/break-barrel-or-under-leaver.88432/#post-1470764

Thought this review of the 95 was great too. It has open sights as well which is a nice thing to have when you're doing closer range stuff. I'd go 95 in .22. You'll have no problem selling it to someone after (myself included)

https://youtu.be/iRflBLpG3eo?si=ONj-70BjXmL1EZoA

That's the way I'm thinking, the extra weight is a bit of a concern, the loading is another, I'm leaning towards the 95,.

It's a great rifle. You won't regret it

• Advertisement
Advertisement