Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In Dublin for a day- any recommended photo exhibitions, galleries etc.?

Options
  • 13-03-2024 6:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'll have a full day in Dublin to myself on March 25th. What photo galleries/venues/exhibitions would be on that you would recommend please? I'm not familiar with any photo galleries in Dublin.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,100 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Anyone?

I know the National Library of Ireland has a photo exhibition and from googling that Gormleys is worth a visit? Anyone here, or someone you know have an exhibition on in a gallery etc.?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,910 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

From Dublin, but haven't lived there for 15 years, so I'm a bit out of touch with the art/exhibition scene.

The Kerlin Gallery on Anne’s Lane (not far from Stephen's Green) has an exhibition of photographs by Samuel Laurence Cunnane until the 6th of April.

The Irish Photo Museum is in Meeting House Square in Temple Bar. But looks like March 25th sees them between exhibitions, so I don't know what they'll have on.

Edit: By the way, March 25th is a Monday, and Mondays are traditionally a day off for museums, so check opening times.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

Decorative Arts & History in Collins Barracks. Free entry & great day.

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭muckisluck

Talking Heads in the National Gallery is fabulous. While these are all paintings from amazing painters of the Middle Ages it totally reflects modern photography. I said to my husband they were the street photographers of their time. I highly recommend to any photographer as the capture of light and shade is incredible

Advertisement