Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rough Play with a 7 Month Old Kitten

Options
  • 13-03-2024 5:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,964 ✭✭✭✭

Hey Folks,

I feel like I know the answer to this question (no) but said I'd ask it anyway. We have a 7 month old rescue kitten who is great. She's kinda lazy though when it comes to her toys and doesn't play too much with her 'dangler', she's not bothered about her soft toys that she'd bunny pedal with. She kinda likes chasing after balls but, what she absolutely loves to do is a bit of rough play. As in, she'll attack your hand/arm and bite. To her credit she never uses her claws, but she does like to nip.

It's probably something I should discourage but the fact she doesn't use her claws, made me question it. Would it be a firm no for you? What other toys/suggestions might you have? There's always someone at home so she's not stuck for company.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,759 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

One of ours loves this too, doesn't use claws and only barely bites. If she makes too much teeth contact, I leave a little yelp and stop playing with her. As long as the biting doesn't escalate, I wouldn't worry. She knows the difference between clothes and skin, too. She's bonkers but very gentle, really.

Advertisement