Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

job application form - referees n head of HR contact

Options
  • 13-03-2024 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭

the job application form for some jobs have a section which reads below.

1.    REFEREES - Please provide details of two Referees who are known to you, one must be from your current employer, if you are not currently in employment, please provide details of your most recent employer. Contact details must be provided for the Head of HR in your organisation.

how to fill this section, after a long career break, if we do not have 2 referee details .

also is it required to provide head of HR details?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,069 ✭✭✭witchgirl26

If you've been out of the workforce for a while, I'd just put down 2 referees from previous employment. Track them down through LinkedIn & ask. The Head of HR piece I'm guessing would be in relation to a current employment so as to confirm your dates of employment with them. Which means it's probably ok to leave blank if you're not currently in employment.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭hello2020

thanks a lot for getting on back this. spouse planning to go back to work after 4 years break as kids in school now..but finding it difficult to fill the referee section.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,927 ✭✭✭Conall Cernach

I recently applied for a job where I had to send in a cv and fill out another form which was essentially my cv repeated. Then they wanted 3 work contacts that they could contact and 2 other written character references from people such as doctors, solicitors or a garda (like its the 19fecking50s).

The amount of hoops hr people expect you to jump through nowadays for less than 13 euro an hour is unbelievable.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

The problem with providing references as this stage is the HR may assign a junior to call up or check references before even a mutual interest has been established. If this happens too often a referee may decide the can't be bothered with all the hassle and decide that they no longer want to act as your reference.

I have never complied with such a request at this early stage for that reason. I simple put - "References will be provided once a mutul interest has been established.".

Advertisement