Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clondalkin Village redevelopment proposals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭halfpastneverr

Clonakilty is a frustrating mess to navigate, both driving and pedestrian-wise. Bizarre they've chosen it as a good example of what Clondalkin could be like. Fair enough, Clondalkin Village is too small for all the traffic in it at peak times, but I don't know what the alternatives would be. You'd need (a free) public car park on the outskirts of it if you're going down the road of making it cycle & bus priority. I'm sure the Mill, Tesco, Tuthills, Monastery Rd, Tower Rd & Steering Wheel paid car parks would love that. Obviously isn't going to happen.

One thing they could improve on quickly is the time pedestrians have to wait for the lights to change on Main Street, they take an absolute age currently. Making parking outside the Victoria/Boss Hogs/empty physio office physically impossible would be good too. Just throw in a few steel bollards. Buses are always getting caught by some eejit whose parked there with the back end sticking out.

Ultimately; they'll plant a few trees, wedge in some unsafe and unsuitable cycle lanes and pat themselves on the back as a job well done. The Irish local authority way!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Went to the meeting/workshop/whatever last night, it was a shambles. Room in the Aras was far too small but even so they took up most of the floor space with tables?!?

Maybe if 20 people had turned up it would have worked!

We left after 5 mins as it was hopeless.

Hopefully councillors will be able to stop this.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,936 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I suppose this would have been more exciting 😁

Monorail Cycle tracks!

Cycle tracks!

Cycle tracks!

Fine when they're done properly but turning the Monastery Road foothpath (which is only on one side) into an unsegregated Tour de France downhill finish hasn't worked out great for pedestrians - which leads me to conclude that SDCC don't have a clue as to how to do it properly.

My kids (and their friend we give a lift to) have to travel by car outside the area to go to school because there's no co-ed secondary school in Clondalkin. Welcome to the 19th century.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,226 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Funny, I went too and left after 5 minutes! The entire thing is a load of shíte and it seems absolutely no one wants it. 3 options to choose from were basically the same. Very hard to register a complaint, just pick which one of the 3 you like best.

Imagine suggesting a walk through from the back of Quinlans past St. John's church. Pedestrian only. Absolutely stupid

Advertisement