Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T80 Temperature Control

Options
  • 13-03-2024 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭

Neighbour, a few doors down has just installed the above but finds that he has to turn the temperature control down to the 5.30 oclock position to get a comfortable showering temperature, however he said that if he turns it further clockwise to I think he said the 7 oclock position the flow does go to a minimum, he has the same static pressure as me, ~ 3.5bar. I had a look at my own (see below) and my normal showering temperature looks quite normal, however even though I can get full cold flow well before I turn it fully anticlockwise, the contol can be turned to the 6 oclock position. I can't remember but (obviously with the stabilizing valve turned fully clockwise) it looks as if I set the cover controll to where it shows below in the photo and my neighbour has turned the control to almost fully clockwise before replacing the cover?.

If you look closely at any of the 3 photos below, you can see a asterisk at the top of the red (hot) directional arrow, is this where the control should be set to before installing the cover??. Both showers are T80Z Fastfit.

The Asterisk/symbol is highlighted with a red arrow, below, in Triton T80 Normal Rev1.

Post edited by John.G on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

His dial should go from 7 (cold) to 5 (all the way hot). In reality this may look closer to 6 and 6. He definitely shouldn't be able to turn it clockwise & reach 7 O clock. It should stop at 6 or just before.

I'm wondering if he has put the cover on, with the dial in the wrong position?

It's funny, I always put shower all the way anti clockwise before putting on the cover rather than clockwise. Not that this should make any difference to the end result.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

I repositioned the neighbours, with the stabilizing valve fully clockwise ,I replaced the cover with the control at ~ 4.30, this gives him his required showering temp with control set to ~ 1.30, happy now.

Advertisement