Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheltenham Day 2 - Wednesday 13th of March 2024

Options
  • 13-03-2024 1:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 893 ✭✭✭

1:30: Ballyburn 4/11

2:10: Stay Away Fay 3/1 

2:50: Might I 14/1

3:30: El Fabiolo 4/9

4:10: Minella Indo 3/1

4:50: Madara 7/1

5:30: Teeshan 12/1

I’ve put Ballyburn to win by 5 lengths or more and El Fabiolo in a double — the way WPM’s favourites won’t today, you’d just have to fancy these two massively.

2:10: It’s hard to bet against Willie Mullins favourites if yesterday’s evidence was anything to go by. Maybe Fact to File will go on and justify his short price, but I feel STAY AWAY FAY has a bit more solid form in the book. Albert Bartlett winner last year ticks the Festival form, and the third in the Grade 2 here in January could stand to him heading heading back into novice company.

2:50: Sa Majeste could be thrown in here and things could be laid out for Built By Ballymore. The consistent Ballyadam should run his race from top weight and Jigoro was firmly on the radar with eye-catching runs behind Tullyhill and Mystical Power in novice hurdles. However, MIGHT I ran a big race to finish fourth in the Martin Pipe last year behind Iroko. This experience of a big-field Festival handicap tilts it in his favour, and hopefully he has a big chance at an each-way price. 

4:10: I don’t have a huge opinion on the Cross Country but I will have a small bet on MINELLA INDO. It looks a ver competitive renewal, but you feel this former Gold Cup winner is the real class act of the field. If taking to the demands of this race, he should be there or thereabouts. 

4:50: MADARA has looked very progressive over fences, and his win over course and distance in December was followed up with another competitive handicap win at the DRF. There could be a lot more to come from this horse, whose preparation for this race could hardly have gone any better. 

5:30: Fascinating looking bumper. It reminds me of last years quite a bit, in that it’s very hard to know who the best of the Irish horses is. Willie is mob-handed as usual, but it’s not really clear which of them is the best, although Patrick rarely gets it wrong. The one I sided with last week was TEESHAN for Paul Nicholls. While English trainers have such a poor record in this race, Nicholls saddled Captain Teague last year who came third in the race. This Irish-bred Point winner had been well backed since his bumper win on soft ground at Exeter last month. He did that without breaking sweat and I feel he could be a real staying-type horse that I feel is often needed to win what can be an attritional race, particularly when run in challenging conditions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

E/W

Jingko Blue

First Street

Jonbon

Sa Fureur

• Registered Users Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Cross Country cancelled

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭Andrew93

3 Henderson horses pulled today including Jonbon. More to be pulled Thursday & Friday.

Ballyburn/El Fabiolo Credit Union job.

Also having a go on Monty's Star in the second.

Absolutely gutted the Cross Country is cancelled, love that race.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

I had a double on Monty's Star and Minella Indo from ages ago, it wasn't NRNB....anyone know what will happen this bet? Does it all go on Montys now?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

I had a lucky 15 bet with Corbetts Cross, Galvin, Envoi Allen & Jade De Grugy placed in a Boylesports shop. Does anyone know what happens now? Does the bet run without Galvin or is the whole bet void now? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Bet continues as normal but with a non-runner.

If nothing else wins you get 1/15 of your stake back.

Yeah, it'll just be a Monty's Star single now.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭thelostboys23

1:30: Ballyburn

2:10: Fact to File

2:50: Doddiethegreat

3:30: El Fabiolo

4:50: Madara

5:30: You Outtq Know

• Registered Users Posts: 559 ✭✭✭Buddy97mm

Doddiethegreat a curious one, given Henderson has pulled most of his horses, have to wonder why this one still runs. Looks to have a decent enough chance on paper, but stable issues would have to be a concern - that said, fact that he still runs may mean they think he still has a great chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,018 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The decision makers over there mustn't have the same weather app the PGA Tour use then because its absolutely farcical that they couldn't foresee the rain that was coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 85,045 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭flos1964

Ran disappointingly but the other one lucky place finished well in fourth at 25/1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,358 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

I placed a €50 e/w bet on sounds victorius in the last race at 5:30 on a terminal in a boylesports shop.

I thought it was a winner because they were paying 4 places but apparently the terminals pay out different places. I could have sworn it said 4 places when I placed the bet but I have zero proof of this so I'm assuming I'm sh1t of luck and lesson learned to place my bets over the counter from now on!

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Messi19

They 100% paid out 4 places online anyway. It should state how many places are paid on the betslip but I'm not seeing it. Fight for it and fight hard

• Registered Users Posts: 35,637 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

El Fabiolo saved the betting industry €20million, didn't fall, but pulled up super fast. So shady, the jockey looked like he was trying to fail right from the off, and saw a way out and took it, of course everyone will say ' aww he'd never do that'' money talks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭Bobson Dugnutt

Langer Dan waltzing up today after they let the handbrake go was even worse.

Not there this year, but my auld fella and his cousins made it over. Flights cost a fortune, 100 quid in with the race card, hotels absolutely pulling the piss, no taxies at the end of the night in a town near Cheltenham. The on-course bookies now laying off on the exchanges for margins. All sorts of grim.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,934 ✭✭✭AdpRo

Something similar in Ladbrokes yesterday for me - backed Jimmy Du Seuil E/W in the 1st without the fav over the counter. When I went to collect they told me you can't back without the fav over the counter and can only do it on the terminals. Spent a while "debating" with them before they eventually rang the traders, traders told them you can't back E/W without the fav but to pay out on the win part. I eventually settled for that as it was that or nothing!

Advertisement