Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortgage approval in principle

Options
  • 12-03-2024 6:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

just got mortgage approval in principle. Was wondering if I have to be as careful with my accounts as I was the last 6 months now. There were a few big purchases (furniture) that I avoided making even though I could easily afford. Am I now free to make these purchases (I can easily afford them from my savings) or will they be re-examining my accounts at drawdown? I’m not sure the purchases would even have impacted the original decision.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Approval in principle, means exactly that! They may or the may not do a further review before actually granting you a mortgage, it is anyone's guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,092 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

The lender could well request bank statements at Loan Offer stage, and at drawdown stage.

Keep a clean bank account.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭herbalplants

As per above comments, keep it clean no big purchases

Living the life

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭JVince

Don't buy furniture for a house before you move in.

Ideally use donated furniture for a few weeks before committing to long term furniture.

Get the "feel" of the place and the true amount of space available.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭LLMMLL

Thanks all. Will hold off.

• Advertisement

I wouldn’t buy any furniture until you have the keys tbh OP.

Advertisement