Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landscaping cost

Options
  • 12-03-2024 2:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

Hi there

Ive moved into a new house and the garden is quite substantial. I have gotten a few quotes for 2 patios (approx. 75m2 for both) and some concrete raised beds etc and the quotes were absolutely insane and didn't even include, plants, shrubs or trees!

So I am just going to focus on the patios for the moment. Porcelain is approx. 30-45€ pm and I think I have decided on one around the €40 mark. So that approx. €3k for the porcelain. How much should I be paying for 1 or 2 gardeners to lay the porcelain? I am getting a quote late next week but I have no idea of labour rates so just trying to gauge a ballpark beforehand.

House is detached with huge access all around so no issues there re access. Regarding current layout - it is hardcore with large gravel/stones. There are 2/3 drains manholes which would need to be accounted for. The ground is all relatively flat.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭who what when

Well i paid 4000+vat for approx 25sqm last summer so i would guess roughly 12k plus vat. But would the quotes you got not have itemised the paving?

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Lambchops65

Hi, God that seems pricey enough in fairness! What's that 160 psm?

No, thats the problem! I asked for a breakdown for the patio part but they wouldn't supply it. The quote was 2 patios (supply and fit), fencing and raised beds. No plants etc and it was nearly €35k. A lot more than I had imagined tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭who what when

And my price didn't include the patio slabs which were another 2k. He was the cheapest of 4 prices i got. Took him a week on his own or thereabouts.

If i was 20 again i would set up a little landscaping business.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Lambchops65

so update. I got the cost back & he’s reasonable (compared to most!) €12-13k. That’s providing the slabs, laying the 75sm, raising and cladding a wall with new limestone caps.

Advertisement