Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Video Creator/Influencer Image Rights On YouTube And Socials After Loose "Contract" With UK Company

Options
  • 12-03-2024 10:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have been providing Video content to a company in the UK for several years. My "contract" has been very loose, agreed more or less over email.

I make videos for the company which they post on YouTube their socials and their website. My videos have million of views. They suddenly now want to change my contract, to a much lower essentially rubbish 3-month one, basically saying the first contract it wasn't really a contract at all!!

I'm wondering now about their rights to keep using the videos I made over the years on their YouTube and social channels if I dont agree to the new contract???

I have seen and read several articles that state I have every right to ask that all videos and social media with my image be removed, unless they agree an "in perpetuity" fee for their use.

I'm been ridden over roughshod by them but haven't a clue about the law!! Any help appreciated. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Consult a solicitor if there is money in it, if it is only pride then move on because all you'll end up with is a bill...

Your rights in the videos you made will depend on the contract you agreed and the direction you took in their creation. And only a lawyer you familiarise with your affairs can give you worth while advice on this.

Advertisement