Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish rail - online v machine

Options
  • 12-03-2024 8:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭

I have not used a train in years but I will be using one tomorrow.

checked the price online for the trip and it came back as €12.75 Euro. I was passing by my train station yesterday and decided to do a price check on the physical machine/kiosk that are at most stations. Inputted the details, price came back as €24.75. Both adult single journeys.

why is there such a price difference, anyone know?

Is online normally cheaper?

Post edited by obi604 on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,276 ✭✭✭WishUWereHere

I use the train a lot since I got free travel. I see it advertised a lot where they say ‘book online - cheapest way to get a fare , or words to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭Cetyl Palmitate

Cheapest online. Book as far in advance as you can and you will get the best prices. Off peak trains more likely to be cheaper than peak.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭obi604

noted, some difference, buying online is essentially half price!

Post edited by obi604 on

• Registered Users Posts: 5,470 ✭✭✭obi604

not related as such, but is 'Sallins and Naas' the same train station?

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Yes. It's in Sallins and Naas isn't too far away, but if you're on foot it's a long walk.

• Advertisement
Advertisement