Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Work and Jobseekers Allowance

Options
  • 11-03-2024 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm on JA and organised work abroad for one month. As I'll be signing off beforehand, I read that to sign back on when I return it won't be treated as a new claim. Can anyone confirm if this is correct? I hope I don't need to wait a certain number of weeks to get back on.

Also, if I notify SW in advance prior to leaving, does that mean I will not receive any remaining payments after they have been notified, even though I wouldn't be working yet?

Any input would be much appreciated - thank you!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭cute geoge

I would say you are pushing it at a month really ,where exactly told you your claim wont close after a month of been out of the country

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭beachhead

I'd be surprised if you claim stays open.Yiu might have a chance if it's an Irish company with a contract in an EU country.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭abcdefghijkl

Thanks guys. It will be three and a half weeks of that makes a difference. I'm not sure about being able to keep the claim open, but is closing it to do temporary work and reopening without the usual disqualification of payment for x (I forget the number) weeks a thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭gipi

Your claim will be closed when you sign off.

You will be paid up to your departure date (assuming your sign-off date is the day you leave).

When you sign back on, you won't have to serve the unpaid waiting days, like someone making a new claim does. It's called a linked claim.

Brilliant thanks a mill Gipi! So you'd suggest notifying them asap (I'm going in just over a week) and then signing off the day before I go? Don't want to risk missing my last payment!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,862 ✭✭✭gipi

You could do both on the day before you go - sign off and tell them why. You may be able to do it online if you have an online welfare account, I'm not sure of that

Great, thank you very much :)

Advertisement