Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED sensor light for under the stairs

Options
  • 11-03-2024 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is a silly request for a recommendation for a LED sensor light for under the stairs.

I’ve bought two (Lidls & Ikea) and they have been piss poor.

Looking for battery powered one with a sensor that has low profile I can fit under my stairs. Battery as in I can change the batteries myself but would consider a chargeable one if it’s good.

Would like to buy of Amazon or Screwfix.

Again sorry in advance… all the ones I’ve looked at look good but would welcome a personal recommendation.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 760 ✭✭✭cobham

I am happy with mine.... probably bought in Home store and more....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭tom23

cheers

• Moderators Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭Spocker

I got this one for a very narrow wardrobe, it's excellent, and has internal magnets that I use to pop it onto the internal corner bead

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

I got these a couple of months ago for a small understairs storage area, they're decent enough if a bit dim but nice being able to select between warm and cold white (not really a fan of cold white LEDs) and the battery is good as I haven't had cause to recharge them since. Good selection of different variables and they were cheap.

That said Spocker's suggestion above looks like a proper light for under the stairs and possibly a better replication of a wired set up.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,805 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

I got a battery light in Homestore & More for my bike shed, takes 3 x AAA batteries and does a great job.

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/lights/kleverkit-led-battery-operated-motion-light-32cm/133883.html?variantId=133883

Post edited by HeidiHeidi on

• Advertisement
Advertisement