Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancelling a Sky TV account…?

Options
  • 11-03-2024 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭

What’s the simplest way to cancel a Sky account? I’m beginning to think I need to know the third secret of Fatima. Nightmare.

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Its going to be a bit harder than the 3rd secret...

But generally people recommend calling them just after their phonelines open (9am I think) and exercise a lot of patience. They seem to change their process for cancellations and introduce new hoops to jump thru. The goal is to wear you down so you give up cancelling.

I dont know how they get away with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 347 ✭✭Rustyman101

It's pure scandalous the carry on that these tramps get away with during cancellations.

Same shite with broadband, an email should be sufficient and if they ring and you want to engage grand if not hang up !

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭JVince

very easy - ring them. Tell them you are separating from your partner and moving back home.

They won't know what to say and will want you off the phone asap.

Or say you are heading to Australia and the move is planned at Easter. Have a more obscure destination than "sydney".

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

but use this freephone number 1800 92 74 76 and they will be awkward. Reason above is good but they may say aha you will be staying in afor a while and need tv🤣

• Registered Users Posts: 572 ✭✭✭bureau2009

Is there no regulator to ensure consumers' entitlement to a clear, simple procedure when discontinuing Sky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

Thanks all.

It was a nightmare. The first person hung up on me when I wouldn’t tell her how much I was paying for my new service.

The second guy was the same. But, I was a bit wiser. I told him that the new provider could offer me 1Tb BB (which Virgin can) & Sky offer only 100Mbps in my area, which is correct. That allowed him to tick that box and we moved on.

But, it was one of the worst customer service experiences I have had. I will never recommend Sky to anyone and I will avoid using them again if possible.

To be fair, Virgin offer an email contact (Sky do not, text, post (in 2024!!! WTF??!! 😝) ) and they answer the phone promptly. That it’s usually an Irish voice is a bonus.

D.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭swoofer

Bad move you want to impress upon them you cant afford it and that is the reason for cancelling, dont mnetion other providers as they now know you have money. yOU ONLY MENTION A PROVIDER IF YOU WANT A DEAL,

• Registered Users Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭Dinarius

I didn’t mention Virgin by name. Anyway, it’s not rocket science to work out who I was referring to.

But, I’ll remember the pleading poverty argument the next time. 😉

D.

Advertisement