Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland is Absolutely Ableist

Options
  • 11-03-2024 12:21am

I speak as a person with progressive disability, MS. The recent referendum threw up the issue about who should care for me. I’m 62 just turning in 63 and absolutely doing my very utmost to live the best life I can live in my circumstances.

lol I’ve been accused on this very site of being self-centred for wanting some kind of a good life. People like me ought to just put up and shut up and accept what comes our way, that’s what I’ve gleaned from several sources.

I’ve known people with siblings with a disability to utterly disrespect them, one termed his sister a “bitch”, got to know that lady a bit and to say the brother has been cruel is an understatement. So even within family people can be horrible , good thing the latter NO passed through.

Comments

More car parks have at most a token o e or two disabled spaces, simply to be able to say they have them. One of the few genuinely catering places is the car park by Lidl Nutgrove and over the road at Homebase.

Dundrum Town Centre is an absolute joke. The spaces are not wide enough for wheelchair egress let alone someone even using a stick who needs a wide berth.

Why does everybody put up with this sh1t?

Advertisement